Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas in Summer

It's rather odd.
I'm sorting photos late into the night at the momment before we trundle off into the mountains for the New Year tomorrow. It's just occured to me that I should probably work on being up past midnight and up for the dawn, just to be one of the first couple million people to welcome 2009...

Hopefully, I'll be getting a new system worked out that will allow for more regular photo posting and (very optimistically) more regular textual posts as well.
We've been puttering around the south island for over a month now I think, and summer is hitting. today was showing 28C in the shade at about 4pm. It was pretty full on. So we went swimming over in Littleton. Which was great! the water was actually warm enough to stay out in for 20 mins or so. and only 2 or 3 of my toes were yellow by the time we got out!

Anyway, yeah gotta finish up and get to sleep if tomorrow night is going to be as short as seems likely!

1 comment:

John said...

28 degrees,we have just had a cold snap -10 in some parts of U.K.Cheer me up.